Monday 11 January 2010

Welcome Spring


Just before Christmas some tulips were pushing through the soil in a pot on my south-east facing balcony.  They seem to have done an about turn and lowered themselves back under the soil!  I guess it's the equivalent of us humans staying under the duvet, very understandable in this very deep mid-winter! 
I'm not wishing my life away but I thought I'd have a go at a design to say a big welcome to spring, when it decides to arrive - I reckon many will think it can't be a moment too soon but I actually like walking in the country in winter.  Though I have to admit the weather this week was so bad that we had to miss our rambling, though I heard some people madder than us did actually go.

Digikit: Full Of Joy by Jamie Dell (free)

1 comment:

scrappyjacky said...

How lovely to see something springlike!!!
The snow has stopped here now [fingers crossed]....but shows no sign of thawing....in fact I think it's worse now it's all frozen and slippery.Just hope it melts a bit today....as I've got to get to work tomorrow morning!!!!
Keep warm and safe.