Sunday 31 May 2009

Going Green

No, not a new environmental initiative on my part, just time for some green colour crafting. This beautiful digistamp from Sandra Dry keeps calling to me. I tried a bright colour combination previously and now thought I would try a green/lime green/black combination as I was inspired by the striped paper.

But I had a complete disaster, I smudged the base card because I tried to stick on the paper lace before it had dried (I coloured it with a black ink pad). OK, it wasn't a complete disaster but the small smudge kept glaring out at me so I decided to remake the card. I reprinted the green striped digi paper with a startling improvement in the results. This was all due to the new gentle gloss paper I bought from Joanna Sheen. The greens were so much brighter and the black was actually black instead of dark blue. The ink was also dry instantly.

I am entering the card in the Lace Challenge (#53) at A Spoon Full Of Sugar.

Lace Adhesive Borders: Lakeland (no longer available)
Digistamp: Sandra Dry
Colouring: Lyra Aquacolours
Digikit (striped paper): Two Peas In A Bucket (Rhonna Farrer)
Digikit (swirly paper): Funky Fairy Paper Crafts

2 comments:

scrappyjacky said...

This card has turned out beautifully...love it in this colour...amazing how an image looks so different with a colour change.
Digi stamps are great for boys cards...have a look at Charmed Cards and Crafts...they have some great ones.
Let me know how you get on with your new pens...sound fab.

Sandra said...

Great card. Love how you have used the Royal Pavilion image and thrilled that you like it.
Sandra x